My Fresh Page Project
- Contest Description. My Fresh Page Project (the "Contest") invites participants to submit ideas for projects to improve their communities. Participants submitting their entries in the Contest will be eligible to win prize money, such prize money which is designed solely for the completion of the project depicted in the submission. Participants will submit entries in one of three different prize levels: (a) the $5,000 prize level, (b) the $1,000 prize level and (c) the $500 prize level. In accordance with these Official Rules, online voters will choose 17 semi-finalists (consisting of five (5) semi-finalists at each of the $5,000 and $1,000 prize levels, and seven (7) semi-finalists at the $500 prize level), and a panel of judges will then select ten (10) total winners from the semi-finalists at the following prize levels: there shall be (a) three (3) winners at the $5,000 prize level, (b) three (3) winners at the $1,000 prize level, and (c) four (4) winners at the $500 prize level.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by the National Council of Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America d/b/a YMCA of the USA ("Sponsor"), a not for profit corporation with principal place of business at 101 N Wacker Drive, Chicago IL 60606. YMCA of the USA provides leadership and services to the YMCA movement in the United States and to the 2,687 chartered YMCAs that are its members. Chartered YMCAs are not Parties to these Contest rules.
- Binding Agreement. In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules ("Rules"). The Rules consist of: (i) the terms and conditions on this page; (ii) the Submission Form; and (iii) the Parent Consent Form ("Contest Materials"). If you are a minor, you must obtain the permission of your parent and/or legal guardian, who must agree to these Rules on his/her and your behalf prior to entering this Contest. Because these Rules form a legally binding agreement with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully. If you do not agree to the Rules, you are not eligible to participate in the Contest or to have your Entry selected. You agree that registration for the Contest and/or a submission of an entry in the Contest (a "Submission") constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- Eligibility. Five (5) Submissions per household are allowed, each Submission consisting of a separate community improvement project idea. In the case of duplicate or multiple Submissions from the same household, all Submissions will be rejected. At the time of the making of a Submission, each contest participant (each, a "Participant") must: (i) be a U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. legal resident (e.g., must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a "green card"); and (ii) have obtained his or her parents' or legal guardians' prior permission and have agreed to be bound by these Rules on the Parent Consent Form if under the age of 18. Each Submission must benefit the Participant's community without consisting of a project idea that is designed to directly benefit chartered YMCAs or consisting of a program already being operated by a chartered YMCA. Furthermore, Participant must have the authorization of any entity being served by the project prior to making the Submission. Written confirmation of such authorization from such entity will be required in the event a Submission is selected as a winner. This Contest is void where prohibited.
- Contest Period; Submission Period. The Contest begins on 9/3/14 at 12:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time and ends on 10/31/14 at 6:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (the "Contest Period"). Submissions will be accepted beginning on 9/3/14 at 12:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time and ending on 10/24/14 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time (the "Submission Period"). The period during which people can vote on Submissions (the "Voting Period") runs concurrently with the Submission Period, and takes place on ymca.net/freshpage. Voters may submit no more than one vote per day per prize level.
- How To Enter. Contest Materials and instructions are posted on www.ymca.net/freshpage ("Contest Website"). Submissions must be uploaded through the Contest Website and by the Participant in order to be deemed eligible. Submissions must be: (i) complete (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and (ii) received during the Submission Period. Any Submission not meeting these criteria will be disqualified. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for Submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
- Conduct. By entering the Contest, Participant agrees to be bound by the Rules. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in Participant's disqualification from the Contest. Participant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the online voters and judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service, including, but not limited to, Sponsor's website; (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (5) failing to provide documentation verifying U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. residency; (6) acting in an unlawful manner or in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws, rules, or regulations; (7) submitting material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (8) disparaging of any person or entity; or (9) acting in conflict with the policies and principles of the Sponsor. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Participant concerning identity, postal address, ownership of rights or noncompliance with the Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of Participant from the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion, infringes upon any third-party right, violates any law or otherwise does not comply with these Rules. Furthermore, in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to remove and delete at any time any Submission or other content it determines is inappropriate.
- Judging and Selection of Winners. 17 Semi-finalists will be chosen based on Participants that receive the most votes during the Voting Period. From those 17 Submissions, a panel of judges will choose 10 winners (the "Winning Participants") to receive prize money designed solely for the completion of the project in the winning Submission. Three (3) Winning Participants will be awarded $5,000, three (3) Winning Participants will be awarded $1,000 and four (4) Winning Participants will be awarded $500, for the completion of their projects.
The Winning Participants will be announced by 10/31/14.
The judging criteria are as follows:
- (i) merit
- (ii) creativity
- (iii) communication of the Contest theme
- (iv) appropriateness of project, and
- (v) whether the Submission adheres to these Rules
If the Winning Participant is not able or willing, for whatever reason, to cooperate with Sponsor in the completion of the winning project, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another Participant. Sponsor has retained an independent third-party-service, Experient, LLC to help manage the Contest. At times during the Contest, an Experient, LLC representative may contact a Participant for customer service purposes.
- Media Activity. By participating in this Contest, Participant grants Sponsor permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and publicly display Submissions for any purpose, such as, but not limited to, press and media communications, without any compensation or attribution. Participant also agrees to participate in any media or promotional activity regarding the Contest. Winning Participants agree that Sponsor may use his or her name and likeness to administer and promote the Contest and to conduct media interviews and promotional events. Participant agrees not to make any public statements regarding a Submission or the Contest without the written permission of Sponsor.
- General Conditions. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, United States, notwithstanding any conflict of law principles to the contrary. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the winning project. Return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of attempted first notification will forfeit the prize. The Winning Participant may be required to sign, notarize and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. Failure to comply may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winning Participants must be prepared to provide records showing that the prize money has been utilized solely to complete the project, and that the project has been completed. Each Participant agrees not to participate in the Contest in any manner that might violate any applicable law in any countries in the world.
- Intellectual Property. By registering for the Contest and/or making a Submission Participant represents that all components of the Submission are original creations, and that Participant has the right to make the Submission. Any intellectual property infringement (including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation), misuse or plagiarism of another's work in any form will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all awards, recognition and prizes. Participant also agrees to allow Sponsor to make public statements regarding any disqualifications and any grounds for disqualification. All intellectual property and industrial property rights in any Submissions that belonged to the Participant will remain with the Participant, but the Submissions will otherwise become the property of the Sponsor for the sole purpose of this Contest, and will not be returned. Participant grants (and represents that it has the authority to grant) Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, distribute, and publicly display a Submission for any purpose, including display on its website, without any attribution or compensation to Participant.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Participant expressly waives any and all such rights.
- INDEMNITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS YMCA OF THE USA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS (INCLUDING EXPERIENT, LLC), JUDGES AND ANY SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, FEES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM (a) ANY ACT, DEFAULT, OMISSION AND/OR BREACH BY YOU UNDER THESE RULES AND/OR ANY CONTEST MATERIALS, AND (c) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR USE OR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE WON.
- Internet. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Sponsor is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Contest materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Contest materials on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- Severability. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Rules & Finalists List. A copy of the Official Rules can be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to YMCA of the USA, Marketing and Communications Department, Attn: My Fresh Page Project Contest Rules, 101 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606 or visiting ymca.net/freshpage. A list of the Finalists can be obtained by sending a self-addressed envelope to the same address, between 10/31/14 and 12/30/14.
- Sponsor. YMCA of the USA, 101 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606.